Thursday, July 19, 2012

An interview with author Tracy Kauffman



Welcome to Meet The Author! Today Tracy Kauffman has stopped by to give us a little insight into her life and her books.  So let’s get started.

Please tell us a little about yourself. 
I am a new Christian fiction author from North Alabama.  I enjoy writing books for young adults, children and teens.

When did you start writing? 
I started writing stories when I was in 2nd grade and won the title of Editor in our schools newspaper.  I have loved writing in some form or another from an early age.  I published a poem, called The Cosmetology Student by entering a contest after I had graduated high school.

What projects have been published? 
My Boyfriend the Squire and Gwendolyn’s Wish are currently available for purchase, but started publishing, Southern Adventures, first with Tate Publishing.  It should be released very soon.

Tell us about Gwendolyn’s Wish
Gwendolyn’s Wish is a children fiction fantasy book about a young girl who does not have any friends.  She receives a special parrot that can grant wishes.  He can grant one wish a year and she chooses not to ask for riches or beauty, but for something more special to her.  They become friends forever.

How did you select the title of your novel? 
I selected the title after writing the whole book.  Gwendolyn is the name of the young girl and main character of the story.

What was your inspiration? 
I had a dream and started writing about the dream.  As I wrote the story, floods of ideas came to me.  I tried to incorporate things into the story from the Bible, such as thanking someone that has helped you; not focusing on worldly possessions; and caring for someone else can far exceed your own wishes.

What are you currently working on? 
I have several things I’ve been working on, including a teen book with a weird twist, a historical fiction book, and a sequel to Southern Adventures.

What are you reading at the moment?
I starting reading Legacy by Danielle Steel, but between working on my books, working at a nursing home, and promotion, time is not enough.

What do you like to do in your free time when you're not reading or writing? 
What free time?  I love to attend church on a regular basis.  I love spending quality time with my family by playing cards, going to a movie, bowling, or eating at a restaurant.

Do you have any advice for other authors? 
Don’t give up.  I learned that being an author is not just about writing but so much more.  It is about promoting yourself, watching what you say or do, and trying to write about something that would inspire others.  I do not wish to become famous if it is at a cost. 

To find out more about Tracy and where to purchase her books, go to:
Tracy's website: http://tracykauffman.yolasite.com   
Tracy's blog:  http://tracykauffman.blogspot.com
To order My Boyfriend the Squire: http://sbpra.com/TracyKauffman/
To order Gwendolyn’s Wish: http://www.publishamerica.net/product48538.html

No comments:

Post a Comment