Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Wizard of Notts provides an Excerpt of Carla by Mark Barry

http://adventuresofceciliaspark.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-wizard-returns-with-carla.html

The Wizard Returns With Carla by Ngaire Elder
Mark Barry is a professional writer and publisher at Green Wizard. To date he has written six novels, including one best seller. He is the proud father of son, Matt. His interests include beekeeping, quilling, spelunking and retired greyhounds.

Mark's favourite quote 'If you're going through Hell, keep going,' Winston Churchill.

Author, Mark Barry

Mark Barry writes across genre and today the spotlight is on his dark and disturbing, contemporary romance novel,   Carla.



An excerpt from Carla by Mark Barry:

    Luckily, there was a rush. Ladies darts, a good mob of them from the Haywain with their heavy drinking  partners and I knew that Carla would be busy from now until closing time. I sat there and suffered for an  age, an absolute age, and then Carla came over to talk to me, telling me how much she enjoyed Sunday and  asked me whether I’d like to go walking with her around Columbus Park this coming Sunday. I smiled at  her and said that would be brilliant, even though it was only Tuesday and I would have all that time to suffer,  but I didn’t ask her to go for dinner with me, or for a drink, I just smiled and she touched my hand oh so  gently and said I’m so glad, and she had denim shorts on with ribbed tights and ankle boots and a woolly  jumper and her hair was in a ponytail  and she went back behind  the bar and I never got the chance to  speak to her again that night but Dino did and by the time it came for me to leave, I went through all the  ways I could think of to murder Dino and to get away with it. I’d stalk him. Decapitate him. Bury his body in  the Cherry Woods one night and no one would ever be the wiser, yet who would be the first person the  Police speak to?    You know: The released mental patient in the flat at the end of the road.

*

I was damned, dear reader.
I was truly damned.

*
   
    That night, when I got home, Carla sent me a good night message with two kisses as usual. Afterwards, I  stripped to my boxer shorts. Cut my armpit with the Airfix knife and watched the blood trickle like a tributary down my obliques onto  my naked thighs.

What readers have said about Carla (Amazon):

~    Mark Barry is brilliant. That is the best word to describe his talent. His writing is on an entirely different level.

~    This story was startling, stunning ...I came away feeling something deep and profound at the unforgettable way this story ends.

~    Carla is a compelling, modern-day love story which is packed full of dark humour, believable eccentricity and heart-rending twists and turns.

US Amazon linkhttp://www.amazon.com/Mark-Barry/e/B008479RWI




Want to know more about Mark Barry and his other published novels ... then visit - http://greenwizard62.blogspot.co.uk/

The Wonderful Wizard of Notts!


No comments:

Post a Comment