Tuesday, December 31, 2013

From the blog of Ngaire Elder: Hogmanay Bell-Ringers for Mary Ann Bernal

http://adventuresofceciliaspark.blogspot.com/2013/12/hogmany-bell-ringers-for-mary-ann-bernal.html

Hogmanay Bell-Ringers for Mary Ann Bernal
The Briton and the DaneThe Briton and the Dane by MaryAnn Bernal

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Epic Tale - What an incredible story. I loved this first part to the trilogy of The Briton and the Dane. The historical events were wonderfully retold by the author, Mary Ann Bernal, who mixed romance, betrayal, emotion and conspiracy into a masterful plot. And the 'Glossary of Terms' at the end of the book was a magnificent surprise.



View all my reviews


The Briton and the Dane: ConcordiaThe Briton and the Dane: Concordia by MaryAnn Bernal

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


A must read for all!

What an exceptional story! I absolutely relished Mary Ann Bernal's Concordia; beautifully written and brimming with conspiracy, betrayal, love, hatred. The historical references are light and enjoyable. The ending is memorable and brought a tear to my eye. I appreciated the epilogue and author's notes. I wish Concordia's story had not ended. The Briton and the Dane: Concordia should be on your reading list; tremendous! (It is a stand alone novel in The Briton and the Dane series).

No comments:

Post a Comment