Sunday, March 8, 2015

Mr. Chuckles meets Thriller author, Sheffield's E.L Lindley, while stirring the Wizard's Cauldron

The Wizard Speaks

E.L Lindley, is, I am sure, familiar to many of you from her immensely supportive Twitter engagements and I met her recently through Rosie's Review Team, a popular and increasingly influential review and book blogging collective. 

For once, I didn't have to spend a fortune on phone calls as E lives just up the road from me in thriving Sheffield, the famous steel city of yore, where she writes accessible, funny and dramatic novels and short stories (of which one, linked here, is attracting rave reviews). A delight to talk to, I caught her by Wizphone as she wandered that remarkably nice new concourse just approaching Sheffield station. Here's what she had to say.
Tell us about yourself, E.
Well, where to start ... Hopefully, I’m a pretty nice person who happens to love stories. I love writing them, reading them, watching them on the big or small screen and listening to them in song form. I am a sucker for a story. 

Consequently, I spend most of my time either writing, reading or at the cinema. I try to allocate a bit of time for friends and reluctantly have to fit work in there as well, to fund my otherwise loafer-esque lifestyle. By trade I am a teacher although I ‘retired’ from the job proper in 2008 and now just do enough to keep the boat afloat so to speak.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment